A Pennsylvania fire chief has been charged with having sex with a 14-year-old junior firefighter.
Kevin Mains, 42, was the fire chief for the Strong Fire Company in Mt. Carmel until his arrest last week. He is accused of having sex with the girl on four occasions, twice at the fire station and twice at a motorcycle club in Coal Township.
Mains is facing five felony charges including statutory sexual assault, sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, sexual assault by a nonprofit’s employee or volunteer, and corruption of minors, plus a misdemeanor charge of indecent assault. He’s been suspended by the fire company and removed as fire chief.
Fox56 quoted Captain John Paul Baluta from the Strong Fire Company as saying:
- We all found out from a post online.
- Once we found out we took immediate action. Had him suspended, thrown out of the fire company, he is not allowed on the property or he would be trespassing.
- He is going to be expelled as a member and we took the title of chief off him.
- It shocked all of us. None of us had any idea this was going on.
- One person’s actions is definitely not a reflection on the rest of the guys and how they work.
- It’s very hurtful that we are going to be looked at negatively from one person when we were completely unaware of this.
Mains is reportedly being held in custody, unable to make $100,000 cash bail. More on the story.