The crew of a San Jose engine company is under investigation after a video surface last week showing a scantily clad woman exiting the cab and entering a strip club. The video first surfaced on Instagram and quickly got the attention of local officials, including San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo and Fire Chief Robert Sapien, Jr.
The engine was parked in front of the Pink Poodle Strip Club and the Instagram post referred to the woman as a stripper, although that has not been confirmed. Fox News quoted Chief Sapien as saying in a written statement:
- If findings of an internal investigation reveal inappropriate behavior of any Department members, appropriate steps will be taken to address the matter.
- The City of San José Code of Ethics policy guides the conduct of all City employees.
- All City of San José employees are expected to adhere to the Code of Ethics Policy they have agreed to as a condition of their employment.
Mayor Liccardo was quoted as saying:
- If the investigation concludes that this video is as bad as it looks, then heads must roll.
- We cannot have a life-critical emergency rescue apparatus relegated to a frat party bus, nor tolerate any conduct that so demeans the heroic work of the rest of our SJFD team.