It is one of those days at Fire Law, where there are simply too many headlines to follow them all. So take your pick. Will it be:
- The Everett, Washington firefighters that drove a drunk homeless man out of town and left him.
- Or the Hartford lieutenant who assaulted a captain at a fire scene apparently because the captain disrespected him.
- Or the Oregon firefighter who is charged with sexually assaulting a colleague while training last year in Texas
- Or whether CalFire is obligated to pay the PSOBP benefits to contract firefighter-pilots who where killed in air-tanker crashes.
- Or the imminent ruling of a West Virginia judge in the wrongful death suit against a volunteer fire department in a natural gas explosion case.
I have been busy in Atlanta at FRI this week, but fortunately Dave Statter has been diligently following the fire law headlines. Thanks Dave!!!!