A lawsuit filed last year by a Boston fire captain for injuries he sustained at a fatal fire in 2016, has been voluntarily dismissed.
Captain Kevin Garry was injured at a building fire in the dental office of Dr. Walter Holman. Dr. Holman’s son, Christopher, died from injuries he sustained in the fire. The fire was caused by an unattended Bunsen burner.
Captain Garry sued Dr. Holman for negligence. The case was in the news last month when Boston Channel 4’s I-team raised questions about whether it is fair for firefighters to sue property owners under these circumstances. That news coverage appears to have played a role in Captain Garry’s decision to dismiss the suit.